“Certain houses, like certain persons, manage somehow to proclaim at once their character for evil. In the case of the latter, no particular feature need betray them; they may boast an open countenance and an ingenuous smile; and yet a little of their company leaves the unalterable conviction that there is something radically amiss with their being: that they are evil.”
- Adapted from the story The Empty House
- Written by Algernon Blackwood
- Performed by Stephany Burrows
- Recorded by Warren Smith
- This work is published under a CC-BY 4.0 license. You are free to share this recording. Credit should be attributed to verkaro.org
- Presented in association with: The Public Domain Foundry with special thanks to our volunteers.